Freezing Our Parts Off!!

Day Two -- With lots of moaning and groaning about hurting and being old...the skiers and snowboarders headed out.  I had to walk Reid to ski school and I must say that it was pretty damn cold.  The snow was falling fast and hitting me in the face.  I am not a "wet" kind of girl so I had to hurry along!!!  

Derrick and Kale hit the slopes and lots of fresh powder!  4 inches of new snow this morning helped a lot!  They did blue trails today.  Not sure what that means except that they were high in the mountains!  After ski school, Reid joined them for a run where they tried a small jump.  I have embedded the video below!!!




Terri and I headed back down to Jackson to explore the stores.  Jackson has an awesome "square".  Lots of T-shirt shops, galleries, clothing and knick knack shops.  They have a giant Coldwater Creek where they were having a 50% everything in store sale.  Terri bought a beautiful leather and fur jacket and I plan to make Derrick poorer tomorrow!!! We had lunch at a great little place called the Great Harvest Bread Company.  It was YUMMO!! 




This is the Antler Arch in Jackson Square...there are 4 of them. One at each corner.
At night they are lit up with lights and it is beautiful!!

We did a little more looking around but the weather was changing fast and the snow was coming in.  We headed back to Teton Village.  I was driving and we couldn't see past the sides of the roads and when we pulled into the Village area, we couldn't see the road for all the snow.  So I don't have many photos yet but the boys are heading to a snowmobile tour of Yellowstone tomorrow and Derrick promises lots of pictures!!




Hoping the boys don't run into one of these tomorrow!!!
We are all snuggled in for the night and everyone is dragging!!  Enjoy your beautiful weather and think about us with snot-sicles hanging off our noses!!!

Comments

Popular Posts