Channeling Fried Green Tomatoes

As most of you know by now, I have quit my job!! A good decision for the most part (except for the night terrors where I wake up wondering WHAT THE HECK I HAVE DONE!). Anyway, you know how you think you are on the right path and things are going to start looking up...yeah...um....no...it usually just kicks you hard in the butt.  For example, I quit my job on a Wednesday and on Saturday...I did this.......

This is not my car!

This is my car!


I was on my way to my sister's to help her get ready for a party.  We have a narrow-ish street and people love to park on the street instead of IN THEIR DRIVEWAYS! So I am backing out of my drive when I hear this very loud crunch!  Some very young (and sweet) girl had parked directly across from my driveway.  I have an SUV and sit kind of high and I didn't even see her car sitting there.  I pull back up and get out to look.  I had three thoughts at that moment...1) Derrick is going to kill me (he was not home at the moment and I really dreaded making that call)...2) Terri is gonna be mad because I was gonna be late for party decoration making....3) How dumb can a person really be to park behind someone's drive way!!  This is where I channeled my inner Kathy Bates.  I am furious..I have already dented the car...so maybe I should just take out my frustrations on the poor soul's car. I seriously thought about getting back in the car and revving the engine and letting go all while screaming "Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance."  

However, I knew that was not the Christian or practical thing to do. Sigh. So I called the insurance, Derrick, and the police.  It is all taken care of.  My insurance paid up and my car in now fixed.  Pretty sure that my insurance will now go up but I figure that this is the first accident I have actually knowingly caused...and that is pretty good for nearly 25 years of driving.  Still, I was correct....Derrick wasn't happy.

Comments

  1. Christian and practical is the right way to go, but it's never the fun way. Just once, you should have rolled your car right over hers!

    After I had that super-fast-reflexes defensive driving accident (when the pole jumped in front of me in the mall parking lot), I figured my insurance was going to soar. It went up $10. I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rotten way to start your day! I'm glad it's taken care of, though. When I'm driving the suburban in traffic, I regularly yell at people, "Get out of the way! I'm bigger than you!!" Probably not terribly Christian of me, huh? :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts