The Good, The Bad, and The Really, Really Ugly

Hey Friends, Family and Strange People Reader My Blog....I'm baaaaccckkkk!


I know you have missed me and all my wonderful views of this crazy ride I call life.  You see, I had to stop writing the blog because I got a real job and I just didn't have time to do the really important stuff anymore...you know, like blogging, sleeping, functioning as a nicer person...but things have changed (hence the title of todays blog) and I am ready to keep you all updated of the incredible life of The Bruton's!!!


Let's start with the Good!
Kale and Reid have started a new school year and so far...woohoo...it has been great.  Kale is an 8th grader now and about 2 inches taller than me.  (He went to camp this summer and when he got home, he was able to look down at the top of my head to inform me that my roots were showing. Nice, huh?)  Kale has a full schedule this year.  He starts class at 7 am with a zero period French class and then in October will start tennis which will end at 5:30.  So he basically has a "work" day!!


Reid is a 5th grader and started a new school where they change classes like the big kids.  One of the hardest things for Reid right now is the locker.  (You remember lockers and all the horrors that go with them...dreams where you have forgotten the combination!)  It took him about 3 days to FINALLY get the hang of it and now he is a pro. Reid is also playing Fall Baseball...it is going to be interesting, I think.  We have our first game soon and I think the temperature is going to about 109 degrees....not really fall ball...huh?


More good news to report.  One of my very best friends and her family have moved to the area and now only live about 30 miles from.  I am very very excited.  We haven't been able to get together soon but we will and then Lord help us all!!  Her daughter just made the volleyball team and I am so looking forward to going to the games and embarrassing...I mean cheering her on!!!


Moving on to The Bad.
Sadly, a lot more bad (and ugly) have happened in the last few months than the good.  But I am trying not to dwell on that.  On April 1st, I came home early and decided to clean the "Man Pit" upstairs...believe me...it deserves this title at times.  I was mad at the mess up there and had my arms full of dirty smelling clothes, dishes, and week old food that I could not determine it's origin. **Shudder**. I had taken off my shoes and was just in my dress socks.  I started down the stairs and my feet slipped out from under me and I bounced very hard three times before I hit the bottom. I was alone in the house and lay crumbled at the bottom of the staircase.  Fortunately, I carry my phone with me at all times, so I called D (who was at work and thirty minutes away).  He said to call the ambulance and I said no...my house was dirty and I didn't want anyone to see it...I know...I am a freak.  Anyway, D just called them for me and 15 minutes and an apology for a dirty home later, we were on our way to the hospital.  For those of you who don't know, My brother in law is the ECO of the hospital here in McKinney and he and the ENTIRE staff of the ER where waiting for me at the entrance. Yes, I am that special!!!  Several embarrassing x-rays and mucho money later...I have been diagnosed with a severely bruise coccyx (that is the polite term for tailbone). The Dr said it would take about 6-8 months to really heal and even 20 years down the road I might sit down wrong and jar it again.  Well, he is correct.  It has been 5 months and it still hurts like a mother trucker!!!  You don't see me sitting for very long!  One of the funniest things about the whole broken butt was Kale's reaction.  It was April Fool's Day and he thought we were trying to pull one over him.  He thought we had gone to great lengths to get him! Once he realized that the bracelet, the bill and the major pain killers were real....he was very very very sorry!!!


Now for The Ugly and the reason for renewing my blog.
In February I started a new job.  I was training to be a practice manager at a doctor's office. It was a huge departure from Marketing but I thought it might be fun and something different.  I was very very wrong.  I won't go into huge detail but this job defeated me.  Most of you know I am a strong, often vocal and have a take no prisoners mentality...this experience left me shattered and a shadow of my former self.  I began to have panic attacks and insomnia.  I lost weight and worried all the time.  So about 3 weeks ago...I quit.  It was a hard decision but one I am hoping will lead to better things.  Part of the reason for this blog restart is that I need to fix myself and I think focusing on my family and our interesting lives will help find that former butt kicker and confident girl.  Fingers crossed.


Okay...so I have caught you up to date.  Bear with me and I will try to entertain you!  Our lives are often a hoot and a daily experiment in good and bad decisions!!  But boy do we learn a lot from them!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts