Where did the time go?

This weekend is going to be very hard.  Kale is going to turn 13 on Friday!! Seriously...a teenager.  It seems like yesterday that we brought our "baby burrito" home and now he is only a few years from leaving home and becoming a man. **Sniff Sniff**


Kale was born at 5:29 pm on February 11, 1998.  Dr. Tutt was so excited that I had him within "business hours"...only by a minute!!! I was the last one to have a baby that day in the hospital and all the nurses came in to help out.  We were very blessed.  They all started taking bets on what size he would be...6lbs 5 oz...7 lbs...even Dr. Tutt said that he would be over 7 1/2 lbs.  Kale announced his arrival and the room got quiet. Then I heard a soft "wow".  Of course I freaked out.  "WHAT?"  My first born weighed in at 9lbs 10oz.  We weren't quite sure where he had been hiding that weight because I wasn't very big.  He also came out very tan and with a head full of dark soft hair!!  Hence the name "burrito".  For those you who know Kale now...He is very tall and pale!!!


Kale was a great baby.  He slept through the night at 2 weeks.  Played well by himself.  Always polite and eager to help.  I just hope that come Friday...things don't change drastically!!!  Ha!!!


Derrick and I lived at the daffodil garden when Kale was born...
so all of his pictures have flowers in them.
This photo was taken just a few days after we brought him home.

Dad and Kale and the same hair!!

Happy Baby!

The Thinker....notice how the dark hair is now gone!!!!
Kale is now as tall as me and very handsome....just hope the junior high girls haven't noticed it yet!!
Happy Birthday MacaMoo....We love you!!!

Comments

Popular Posts